Last updated on May 6th, 2020 at 07:32 amThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
REX has an unrivalled track record in capital markets transactions in Tanzania. The Firm has acted as legal adviser on several of the listings on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (“DSE”). Some of the key highlights in this field include:
Initial Public Offering and Block Sale Transactions:
- Acted as legal advisers in the sale to the general public of 20.7 million ordinary shares, representing 32.5% of the ordinary share capital of a cement company by way of an offer for sale through an Initial Public Offering (“IPO”).
- Acted as legal advisers to a Tanzanian brewery company in relation to the sale of block shares held by another brewery company through the DSE.
- Acted as legal advisers to a leading telecommunication company in the listing of 25% of its authorized share capital through an initial public offer (“IPO”) and listing on the DSE.
- Provided legal advisory services in relation to the cross-listing of a major airline in East Africa at the DSE, the first ever cross listing at the DSE; and
- REX were legal advisers in the cross-border listing of East African Breweries at the DSE, the leading brewery company in East Africa.