Dr. Fauz Twaib is a Partner at Rex Advocates and he is holder of an LLB (University of Dar es Salaam), LLM (Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada) and a Doctor of Laws (Dr. Jur) (University of Bayreuth, Germany). Dr. Twaib has 17 years of experience as a legal practitioner/advocate/academic and 10 years of experience at the Judiciary as a Judge.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
He joined REX in July 2020 after a ten-year (10) stint at the Judiciary as a Judge of the High Court of Tanzania, during which time he also served as Chairman of Tanzania’s Tax Revenue Appeals Tribunal. Before joining the Judiciary, Dr Twaib had acquired seventeen (17) years’ experience as a corporate and commercial law practitioner, litigation lawyer, real property conveyancer, arbitrator and mediator.
He is also a renowned academic and author, having published in several areas of law, including tax law, criminal law and practice, land law and real property. He heads the Litigation and Arbitration Practice at REX, and is also Co-Head of Tax Practice.
Dr Twaib is member of the following professional bodies:-
· Tanganyika Law Society (TLS), the Bar Association of Tanzania
· East Africa Law Society (EALS)
· Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators
· SADC Arbitration Association
· African Arbitration Association
· Judge of the High Court of Tanzania (June 2010 – March 2020) (Judge in Charge between January 2015 and March 2020)
· Chairman, Tanzania Tax Revenue Appeals Tribunal (September 2010 to September 2016)
· Senior Partner & Head, Department of Corporate and Commercial Law, M.A. Ismail & Co., Advocates
· Lecturer and Head, Department of Legal Theory, Faculty of Law, University of Dar es Salaam (1997-1998)